Venice Fishing Pier in 2020
Venice Fishing Pier is a great location for fishing for free of cost. It is situated at Brohard Park on the south end of the island of Venice. The pier is 700-foot long and made of plastic wood fibre composite. It is open 24/7 all the year for fishing and no fees to access the Pier. The best part is that you can fish from the pier without a fishing license.
1600 Harbor Dr S, Venice, FL 34285, United States
Why You Should Go There
You don’t have to fish here. Anyone can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the blue water that is the Gulf of Mexico. You can also enjoy the beautiful sunset in the evening.
The water underneath the pier is crystal clear. You can spot fish from the pier. You can rent a rod and reel for $15 a day for the fishing. Also, you don’t require a fishing license to fish here which is the only place for fishing without a license in Florida.
There is plenty of free parking, restrooms, and restaurants right on the water. The nice view can be seen from the pier all day long. Different kinds of birds on the Pier or plunging into the sea can be seen.
Best Month to Go for Fishing
Though every month is suitable for fishing in the Pier, June, July, August, and September are great for fishing as some fish such as Tuna and Yellowtail Amberjack come close to the shore. White seabass, Halibut, and Blue Perch are available for catching during January, February and March.
Most Common Fishes:
- White sea bass
- Leopard shark
- Tiger shark
If you catch the Back sea bass you should return to the ocean.
About the Sharky’s on the Pier
It’s a Beachfront restaurant turning out a seafood-heavy menu plus fruity drinks from its tiki bar. Located in 1600 Harbor Dr S, Venice, FL 34285, United States. Sharky’s extends a warm welcome to all to dine, dance and have fun. You can enjoy a delectable meal with unparalleled ambiance and Gulf views.
It’s open from 11.30 AM up to 10.00 PM
Hotels Near Venice Fishing Pier
Inn at the Beach-Venice FLORIDA: (3 km from Venice Fishing Pier)
It’s located at 725 West Venice Avenue, Venice, FL 34285, United States of America.
This Venice, Florida Inn at the Beach studios feature an outdoor pool with a hot tub on-site and free unlimited WiFi. Guests can also walk 197 feet to the beach. Every aspect of this property was excellent to well above average. Owners consistently at the property very clean & Great location.
Avg. price/night: 254.60$
Island Sun Inn & Suites – Venice, Florida Historic Downtown & Beach Getaway: (1.9 km from Venice Fishing Pier)
It’s located in 625 Tamiami Trail South, Venice, FL 34285, United States of America.
This Venice, Florida, Island Sun Inn features an attached restaurant, Blu’ Island Bistro, a 24-hour front desk, and rooms equipped free WiFi.
Avg. price/night: 90.16$
Sunshine Inn & Suites Venice, Florida: (2.6 km from Venice Fishing Pier)
located 1602 Tamiami Trail South, Venice, FL 34293, United States of America.
This Venice, Florida Sunshine Motel offers an outdoor pool and free property-wide WiFi access. Guests can also hunt for fossilized shark teeth and seashells on Sarasota County’s longest beach, Caspersen Beach, which is 2 mi away.
Avg. price/night: 80.14$
Rules and Regulations
Sec. 46-64. – Venice Fishing Pier
1. No person entering upon and using the Venice Fishing Pier shall:
- Use more than two fishing lines at one time.
- Operate bicycles, roller skates, rollerblades, skateboards and/or similar devices on the pier or around the concession area.
- Shark fish. The following gear or methods shall constitute shark fishing regardless of the species targeted or harvested:
- Fishing with a metal leader greater than four feet in length.
- Using a fighting belt, fighting harness, or similar device used in conjunction with a fishing rod to give the angler a mechanical advantage when reeling in a fish.
- Deploying bait by any means including casting, unless the bait is attached to a hook for which the maximum distance measured between two points inside the curve created by the hook does not exceed 1.5 inches when measured at the widest dimension.
2. No person shall operate or navigate any boat or other watercraft within 300 feet of the Venice Fishing Pier.
3. No person shall drive or jump from the fishing pier or swim or surf within 150 feet of the centerline of the pier structure.
More Things to Do in Venice
1. Caspersen Beach (1774 reviews)
Located in 4100 Harbor Dr, Venice, FL 34285. Called here whilst visiting Venice. The beach is great, with a small Boardwalk, wonderful views and restroom/shower facilities. There were rocks going into the sea and plenty of people looking for shark’s teeth. Parking was free and plentiful.
2. Venice Beach (1,263 Reviews)
Located 101 The Esplanade S, Venice, FL 34285-2110. It was a beautiful, perfect temperature, breezy, free parking, and not crowded. Beautiful view of the Gulf and sunsets with a few clouds in the sky often see Dolphin or a Manatee swim.
3. Sharky’s On The Pier (849 Reviews)
Located 1600 Harbor Dr S, Venice, FL 34285-3700. Sharky’s is just the type of waterfront casual seafood restaurant that you would want to visit for a fun visit to the beach. The beach is sandy and beautiful, and there is a great fishing pier right there.
Other Fishing Spots in FL
Florida is one of the most popular fishing destinations among visitors who love fishing recreation. Numbers of saltwater and freshwater options along with the benefit of all types of fishing ways, Flo…
So fishing in Venice Fishing Pier is more interesting and exciting not only for its fishing facilities but also about it’s the crazy natural view. Hope our info will make your recreation succeed and feel free to contact with Travelers Door if you have any question.