Hiking is one kind of adventure to walk a long way with a natural environment that has a combo pack of physical and mental benefits. Hiking is a source of recreation, decreasing mental stress, a test for fitness, and so on. As a beginner, there is no reason to fear it. No special training or technique is required for it. You just need a small planning and a little preparation to make successful hiking. Here we make experience base hiking tips for beginners that help you to give the actual feel of hiking. The following hiking tips should be kept on your mind to make your first journey successful.
1.Select Your Hiking Partner
As a beginner, this is obviously not a wise decision to go alone hiking. There are some bad factors when you will go alone. First, safety is a more important factor here. You badly feel the help of a person if you fall into any type of danger. Second, it is always boring if you can’t talk to someone or can’t share your feeling while walking especially on such hiking trails. So, first of all, you should decide on your partner. That can be your close friends or your family or any hiking community or any experienced person. It’s totally up to you by whose you will stay comfortable.
2. Find A Perfect Trail
You should give proper attention to find a perfect trail for hiking. Any mistake at this step can ruin all of your plans. You can take help from the trail guide. The following matters you should concern to select a hiking trail.
- A short distance from your place
- Natural view
- Not so long to climb
- Your fitness condition
- The weather of the trail
By taking those in mind you can fix where you will go. You can talk to your friends or any hiking organization for selecting your hiking place. Also, you can research on the internet about trail-guide. This can be helpful for you.
3. Checkout Before The Journey
You should check out the weather before starting. Depending on the weather you should take your decision. Weather also indicates you what types of dress you should wear or what extra gear you need that favored the weather. If the weather is totally against your desire place then it is better not to go.
Again, it is also needed to check your fitness on that day. Physical and mental pleasure is the best thing. So you should need proper sleep, food, and drinking water before the morning.
4. Favourable Dress
A favorable dress is confirmed to a pleasure hiking. So you should aware of your dresses. You can follow these tips to cope with the hiking trails.
- Try to avoid cotton
- Jeans also are forbidden
- Wear a long sleeve shirt
- Comfortable pant to easily move
- T-shirt in warm weather
- Jacket on cold weather
- Rainy jacket(if rain)
- A hat
You need to stay dry during hiking. For this, you should try to avoid cotton. The way of the trail is not straight. So you should notice about your dress that you can walk freely.
5. Be Aware About Shoes And Socks
Yeah, shoes also considered an important factor for hiking. A pair of good shoes can give relaxation in your hiking journey. As a beginner, you must have hiking shoes. There are facts between men’s and women’s hiking boots. Check the point below.
- Use light-weight shoes
- Not so much tight
- Use boot in rainy condition
- Also, use in heavy gases and plants
A painful foot can ruin your hiking. Try to avoid duck boots. So be aware of shoes.
Socks are also important as well as shoes. It will prevent your foot from blisters and wick moisture. Here you can choose the socks by these steps-
- Use wool or liner socks instead of cotton
- Use long socks during rain or where more gases
- Be sure about the fitness of your socks
6. Essential Accessories
How long your list would be that depends on how much time or you will spend hiking. Usually, a full day is perfect for hiking. But a few things needed on a short hike. hiking I give a list that you must need for a super adventure. You can change the amount depending on your situation.
- Backpack: A bag is obviously needed for carrying your goods. It should be light.
- Map: Print out the map of the area that you want to go to. That can give you a guide about the trails.
- Water Bottle: Can you imagine your hiking without any drinking water! It’s not possible. Fill your bottle with a good amount of water. You can also take extra water. Keep the purification tablet on your list as a backup.
- Sunglass and Sunscreen: It’s very necessary to protect your screen and eye from the heat of the sun. They act as a great backup to keep you relax.
- Food: It’s depending on you how much time you want to spend there. Usually, for a day, you can take your favorite snacks and some fruits. Fruits can restore your energy. Nuts are also recommended.
- Flashlight: It can be useful in any situation on the trail.
- Lighter: That can be used for making fire.
- Knife: It is good to keep a knife during hiking.
- Extra clothes: You should take extra clothes as a backup. It is necessary when you go there for more than a day.
- GPS Device: Though GPS is available on smartphones, this can’t be a great backup. So an extra device you need to keep.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit is a box of equipment that is used for primary medical treatment. When you go hiking, you should always care about your safety. A well-stocked first-aid kit is very necessary at the time of minor accidents and injuries.
- Headlight: If you want to walk at night.
So this is the perfect list of equipment for successful hiking as a beginner. Don’t try to overpack. You will be suffered at the time of hiking.
7. Telling Someone About Your Hiking
After finishing your primary preparation you should tell someone about your journey so that he can know where you are. Or you can check out on social-media when starting the journey. It is because of your safety. 127 hours stories again happened that we don’t want.
8. Be Positive On Trail
At last, when you reach your destination, you should draw a positive attitude in your mind. Don’t fear. Walking like a happy guy. Breathe properly. Hiking is not a race. So don’t run just walk slowly.
9. Walking Technique
There’s some walking technique that you need to follow on trail.
For walking uphill these step should be followed:
- Be peaceful
- Walk with regular footstep
- Take a break to restore energy and control heartbeat
For walking downhill:
- Tight up your bag
- Tie your shoe properly
- Use hiking or trekking poles
- Walk slowly with constant speed
It is necessary to take a break during walking on the trail. And water is needed to refresh your journey.
10. Some Fear About Hiking
For people who want to hike or already done it, there work some fear among them about hiking. As a beginner, it is normal to work some fear. But really this is not actually so what you think.
- Fear of lost yourself on the trail
- Attack of wild animals
- Height of the trail
- Out of network
Take those easy and it should be very normal. But you should aware of some facts.
- During Storm: Storm can happen at any time. So don’t fear it. Don’t stay close to any metals. Don’t run. Sit down on your bag and wait.
- Don’t feed the wild animals.
- Be careful from harmful insects.
- Keep emergency equipment.
11. Enjoy Your First Hiking
Enjoy your time by following these hiking tips for beginners. Breathing properly and walking with natural beauty. Be cool with wildlife. Explore the hiking adventure. Share your feelings with your partner. Capture your moment and natural beauty.
Hiking pros and Cons
You know, it’s a hard truth that hiking also has some disadvantages along with benefits. And it’s also tipped as a beginner to know about hiking pros and cons. So let’s unlock this term.
1. Hiking is a good workout. It improves your strength, legs muscles, blood circulation, heart disease, and so on physical improvement.
2. The activity of hiking helps one to reduce weight.
3. Hiking journey can reduce one’s mental pressure.
4. Create a chance to feel the nature and wildlife.
5. Have opportunities for many outdoor activities and meeting new peoples.
6. It increases the matter of stability and balance.
1. Much safety should be maintained for this activity.
2. Physical damage can occur.
3. Quite cost affecting and there is a chance to be lost.
Hiking is always full of thriller-like fishing, camping. It needs some preparation. Anyone can go hiking. Hiking is not so expensive. This is a great workout also. The benefit of hiking is known to you. So if you thinking to make first hiking then these hiking tips for beginners will definitely help you to make your hike safe and fun. Get ready to immerse yourself in nature with a hiking adventure.