Hiking is an outdoor exploring activity that everyone desires but many are getting far from hiking because of plantar fasciitis. Do you really think planar fasciitis has enough power to stop you from enjoying hiking? I know, many of you have still so much fear about it. Even I also know it’s a painful feeling as I went through it. But trust me, it’s not actually a problem for your adventure journey if you have perfect hiking boots. So, to stay ahead in this race, it is essential to select the best hiking boot for plantar fasciitis.
In this write, we will give you the best footwear list that can be very helpful for hiking with planar fasciitis. And you already know how important the boot is. So, neglecting that point can be confirmed you to experience bitter painful heels. Before hitting the best boot list, I think it’s important to know “what does planar fasciitis mean” and “how it can be caused?” So, let’s be cleared about that.
How Plantar Fasciitis Can Be Caused?
If you simply want to know about the definition then I can tell, “Planar Fasciitis is that which is responsible for the pain in the lower heels”.
It has a few common symptoms. You will feel heel pain in those situations-
- In the time of wake up (morning).
- After a long time standing.
- And standing after a long time sitting.
Those can primarily confirm that you have the problem of Plantar Fasciitis.
There are some causes and risk of it. If you are obese, have flat feet, have different foot positions, have to stay a long time in a standing position, and use of upper heel shoes then largely that causes of Planar Fasciitis. As hiking is a long walk, so definitely there is a strong connection between them.
14 Best Hiking Boots for Plantar Fasciitis
From the experience and user reviews, we are picked here the 14 best-hiking boots for foot and heel pains both for men’s and women’s. So let’s the go-ahead for details of those.
1. Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot
Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid is one of the best boots on this list that comes with premium quality at a reasonable price having plantar fasciitis support.
- Build with a rubber sole and full leather.
- Premium rust and waterproof design.
- Rear pull-loop and ace-up vamp featuring hiking boot.
- Dual-density EVA and collar (padded).
Timberland is an old and popular brand that offers high quality and performance.
The boot offers 100% leather with a rubber sole. And that confirms the durability as well as flexibility. It is breathable and lightweight too. The boot has an excellent ability to work like water and rustproof. So, in any condition, it can be fitted.
In terms of color, it has 5 options. And the boots make in different sizes.
It offers oiled-leather finishing to explore the outdoor adventure with comfortable performance. The collar of the boot is made with a pad and has a removable EVA footbed that does the job of keeping dry. And the merge of all, it gives great ankle support as well as plantar fasciitis.
So, who can be a perfect buyer of it? The boot is excellent for those who want a quality outdoor boot with an average price and having heel pain problems.
So, buying that top reviewed awesome boot in your price range can’t be a wrong decision.
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Great ankle support
- Excellent waterproof build quality
- Durable and breathable
- Quality brand with okay price
- Can be a little warm (in summer) for sweat feet
2. Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Ii Waterproof Hiking Boot
Great quality and great price are mostly go with the Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Ii as the best hiking boot for plantar fasciitis. Surely a nice option it is.
- Build with mesh, leather, or suede.
- Have rubber sole with 5’’ shaft measures.
- Waterproof (construction of seam-sealed).
- Omni grip traction technology and durable.
- Have Techlite lightweight midsole.
The Columbia brand introduces this hiking boot to the market with different variant build quality like leather, mesh, and suede which are imported. It contains a rubber sole.
There is plenty of option for sizes and color. So you don’t need to worry about your feet and favorite color. These sizes and colors easily fit with any feet and give trendy look. If we talking about the weight then it’s not so heavy as it has about 3.5 pounds.
The boot offers one of the best waterproof design. It has seam-sealed cons. And this one is perfect for all kinds of situations. The brand also confirms the durability and comfort as it comes with a lightweight midsole.
This hiking boot has a good traction system called Omni-grip that gives you ultra support. So, these features are perfect for performing in trails, mountains, and any outdoor tough situations.
So, why should go for it? Well, if your requirements are adorable price, walk-in extreme conditions, want a durable and comfortable boot then that one can be your option.
- More color and size
- Durable and comfortable
- Waterproof and bad condition support
- Smart grip or traction
- Great in value
- Some users complain about poor laced-up and less waterproof in very high condition.
3. KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid is known as one of the best men’s hiking boots with excellent quality and performance having heel pain killer.
- Contain Nubuck Leather and fully waterproof.
- Leather is a PFC-free water repellant and has a rubber sole.
- Have padded tongue & collar.
- Contain high traction grip.
- ESS containing and build with ankle support.
KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid comes with the best quality having great plantar fasciitis.
This one offers Nubuck Leather and imported. Make for comfort and good stability. The measurement of the heel about 1.5”. The brand has different sizes and colors for the buyer. So, the boot gives a taste of fashion.
The boot comes with great build technology. It has a great water-resistant design. Good for all season and worst situation. Confirming one the best comfort and containing breathability to stay dry. Offering PFC-free water repellant to protect from unwanted chemicals.
padded tongue and collar are introduced one for best support, comfort, and fitted with them.
And the best quality of this boot is, having excellent ankle support and traction support exploring in outdoor conditions. Rubber outsole (TERRAIN) offers the best grip in your walking, running, or else. Mid-cut height and ESS system confirm the pro level plantar fasciitis.
So, for whom, Keen brand can be worthy? Who are looking for a high-quality hiking boot having great performance and excellent plantar F. support, for those, those boots are perfect to buy.
- Breathable and water-resistant
- Various color and size
- Comfortable and traction support
- Having ESS Shank feature
- Excellent for Plantar Fasciitis
- Give poor durability according to few users.
4. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
Great ankle support with an adorable price both is combined with the Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot. It is the actual value for a money hiking boot for the women’s.
- Make with mesh, leather, and suede.
- Contain rubber sole and arch to angle high (shaft measures).
- Smart technology for comfort and durability.
- Full leather with water-resistant and have mesh tongue.
- Omni-GRIP for super grip.
The boots came in very earlier but at this time, they have become more popular and highly rated women’s boots for hiking.
It comes with three materials such as suede, mesh, and leather. Which is imported and bearing rubber sole. If you are interested in color and size then it doesn’t feed up you. Because it entries with more variety of colors and sizes. Ankle to the arch is the measurement of the shaft.
The boot builds with very advanced technology that confirms the comfort, lightweight, durability, and so on facilities. There has a mesh tongue for breathability. And as usual, the super waterproof leather feature is also presented there to play in any worst situation.
Omni-GRIP is another feature that offers smart traction facilities. That boot contains the ability to wear any trails, mountains, or any hard condition. Actually, they are worked well if you have Plantar Fasciitis problems and give you great support to enjoy your hike.
So, what are the main reasons that you should go for it? First of all, it offers an adorable price with super features, worth to wear for comfort, and giving heel painkilling support. So, for a women hiker with an ankle problem, those boots are smart to choose.
- Durable and stylish design
- Full leather water-resistant
- Cool traction and heel support
- Easy maintenance
- Super one for value for money
- Quickly hot in sunlight
5. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Another perfect boot for hiking that has both good quality and ankle support. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid is best performing in bad condition.
- Imported and build with leather/suede/mesh.
- Made with a synthetic sole
- Mesh upper and contains suede leather.
- Lug depth about 5mm and have a rubber toe cap.
- EVA and Vibram TC5+ sole.
Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot comes stylish looking and made with leather, mesh, and suede. This is a different boot compare to others as it has a Synthetic sole.
For sizes and colors, it offers so many options. Ankle from the arch is the so-called shaft measures. In fact of weight, it holds 1.2 pounds. The boot gains the ability to take the water and keep your feet warm or dry. As it has good leather protection, it is workable in water condition.
It has a 5mm lug depth and Vibram TC5+ sole. This boot also confirms the protective rubber and breathability. The EVA contoured footbed cool features offering ankle and heel support. So, exploring on the trails, for a day hiking, running or any outdoor adventure the boot will work perfectly.
So, why it can best for you? If you are searching for a fashionable and performable outdoor boot with heel protective then the boot is made for you. So, it seems to a cool option who wants those requirements.
- More option for color and size
- Breathable and durable
- Not too heavy and comfortable
- Good for ankle and heel support
- Poor waterproof capacity.
6. Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude IV Waterproof Hiking Boot
Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude IV is another good Plantar Fasciitis hiking boots that appear at a low price and popular band.
- Made with Nubuck.
- Have rubber sole and imported
- Contains Multi-Directional Traction
- Water-resistant upper with seam-sealed.
- Have EVA midsole.
Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude IV Hiking Boot is known as an excellent boot with a cheap price compare to other brands.
That one is made with nubuck and has a rubber sole. It is imported as usual. It offers more options for size. Is it required to use one size bigger hiking boots? To know the answer go there. Now for the color, it has only three.
3.94″ from the arch and 13″ are the shaft and boot opening measurements. The boots appear with full gain nubuck for the upper. It contains a soft padded collar and is rustproof. Those confirm the lightweight and comfort. It has only 1.5 pounds. This one is breathable too.
Offering an MDT rubber outsole indicates the perfect traction on any adventure conditions. And the boot is obviously waterproof. EVA midsole is also available there. The overall features of this boot perfectly ensure the plantar f. support for their hiking journey.
Now, for whom this boot can be better? The people who have a plantar fascia problem and looking for a good featuring hiking boot at a very cheap price, for those that Hi-Tech will be the right choice.
- Waterproof and lightweight
- MDT for super traction
- Excellent quality for hard hiking
- Reputable brand at an adorable price
- Early popped out (according to few users)
7. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe is a top reviewed one that contains special features with P.F support and the price is quite satisfactory. And regarded as another good hiking boots for Plantar Fasciitis.
- Offer Synthetic sole.
- Have all sizes and different color options.
- Build with mesh, suede leather.
- Contain closed-cell foam and bellows.
- Lug depth about 5mm and have a rubber toe cap.
- Appear with TC5+ sole.
Merrell Men’s Moab is a hiking special shoe that comes with suede leather and mesh. The brand uses synthetic soles for it and the shoes are imported. For different sizes and colors, it’s simply more.
The shoe offers lightweight as the weight is just about 1.1 pounds. It builds with upper mesh and suede leather. So, there is the facility of breathability. In terms of durability, it’s awesome. And that will give you a cool performance in any hard trail. closed-cell foam has existed there. So you don’t need to worry about your feet keeping dry and comfortable.
Rubber toe cap and Vibram TC5+ are the special features that work for the stability and super grip and for those you can take a secure and comfortable foot walk on the trails or other else.
Targeted heel cushioning bears the ability to support your heel and can conquer your Plantar Fasciitis and gift you an enjoyable step without pain and even relief from Achilles pain after your hiking.
So, for whom those shoes are made of? Well, they perfect for those who want a strong design shoe for flying in the trail condition with any issues within an average price. So, talk to you is it better for you or not.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Breathable and durable
- Great slip resistance Super foot support
- Not waterproof
- Few users claimed about poor fitting
8. KEEN Women’s Targhee 2 Mid Height Waterproof Hiking Boot
KEEN Women’s Targhee 2 Mid is one of the best women’s waterproof hiking boots with feet protection so far.
- Imported, full leather and have a rubber sole.
- The KEEN.DRY water-resistant and have a PFC-free water repellant.
- TERRAIN rubber outsole for high grip.
- Bear Soft padded tongue & collar.
- ESS for heel support.
KEEN Women’s Targhee 2 Mid is ideal for women’s hiking with Plantar Fasciitis that features full leather with a rubber sole. 5″ and ankle-high from the arch are the measurement of boot opening and shaft.
The boot comes in enough sizes but in the point of color, it has a huge collection. The weight isn’t also quite heavy. The boot offers excellent water resistance that keeps your feet dry and warm by closing water entry. This one is also breathable. The PFC-free water repellant features keep your feet free from chemicals. The lugs confirm good stability.
For traction, it is simply best as it has a TERRAIN rubber outsole. So in the trail, you will not suffer from slipperiness. The feature of External Support Shan is worked excellent to give your ankle support and ensure your secure and comfortable walk. It offers a tongue and collar of soft padded.
So, who can be the actual buyer of it? For those women who are searching for a great brand with an excellent quality boot for hiking with Plantar Fasciitis at a reasonable price, those that boot should be first on the priority list.
- Comfort and breathable
- Super waterproof
- Super grip and Plantar Fasciitis support
- Very easy to break-in
- Poor tread
9. Timberland Men’s Chocorua Trail Mid
Timberland Chocorua Trail Mid hiking boot looks stylish and has high-quality features at an adorable price for the men.
- Made in the USA with full leather.
- Contain rubber sole
- Offer GORE-TEX bootie construction for water resistance.
- Have speed lace hardware and rust-free
- Come with a rubber outsole and a removable contoured sock liner.
Timberland is a famous brand that introduced this boot in the market having full leather and rubber s. The boot is originally made by the USA.
1’’ and 5’’ from the arch are the two measurements of heel and shaft. The boot offers three colors in different sizes. The weight is about 1.3 pounds.
The leather of the boot is 100% waterproof and the upper is made of mesh. GORE-TEX bootie cons. is used here for the protection of water resistance. That feature also ensures breathability. Rustproof hardware has existed there. So the boot is well designed and strong durable. Again the boot has the features of removable foot-beds and EVA.
The solid rubber outsole ensures a good grip when you will be in trails and give your feet great protection as well as comfortable. So overall the boot is surely a good performer in an adventurous journey with feet problem.
So, who can go for it without a doubt? The hikers who are wanted a stylish brand boot having feet support at an average price can surely go for it.
- Stylish and well designed
- Rust and waterproof
- Breathable and not so heavy
- Perfect in traction and feet support
- Hearing complaints about laces fraying.
10. Ariat Women’s Terrain H2O Hiking Boot
Ariat Terrain H2O Hiking Boot is a well-known brand that is excellent for foot problem women’s hiking.
- Full leather and has rubbers.
- Offers ATS technology.
- Waterproof features.
- Contains a dura tread outsole.
- Comes with an EVA midsole.
Ariat Women’s Terrain H2O Boot has appeared with the full percentage of leather. And the sole is made of rubber. The shaft measures are 4″ from the point of the arch.
The boot is released in different sizes but the color option is only two. The weight is nearly 2.32 pounds.
That women’s adventurous boot build in full-grain leather to give the user super waterproof features. This is suitable in all conditions with keeping your feet water free. Duratread outsole and EVA midsole are together doing the job of water-free, flexible, and comfortable.
Those boots are born breathable membrane. Having strong features they have high stability and durability. They are good footwear to support your heel or ankle on the trail if you suffered from the plantar fascia.
So, why you can use it? Good performance in any tough area with a budget-friendly price is the main reason to wear those on your next trip.
- Comfort and breathable material
- Cool outlook
- Good water-resistant design
- Easy cleaning
- Good for bad heel
- Bad for quickly sweat feet
11. Timberland Flume Men’s Waterproof Boot
Timberland Flume Men’s Waterproof Boot arrived in the market with a cool look and premium design for an adventurous journey.
- Made with full-grain waterproof leather and have a rubber sole.
- Contains Water-resistant seam-sealed.
- Appear with a Fully gusseted tongue.
- EVA midsole containing.
- Rubber outsole for better traction.
Timberland Flume is a trendy look boot that appears with full grained leather. It has a rubber sole. 5″ from the arch and 8 are the shaft and boot opening measures.
The boot bears different sizes but in the point of color, it’s poor. The weight is about 1.6 pounds. So it looks average. It is made with full leather for a great waterproof and durability job. And the seam-sealed construction controls the job of keeping the feet dry.
This one has the feature of a fully gusseted tongue. Foot-beds and EVA midsole do their job perfectly. The solid rubber outsole confirms the more grip on the rocky trail and works as slip-resistant. And ensure your heel and ankle support. So, for whom this one can be needy? If you are looking for fashionable hiking shoes with okay features then Timberland Flume Men’s Waterproof Boot can be your hiking partner.
- Good leather for durable and water-resistant
- Better traction and foot support
- Trendy look with a good brand
- Poor fitted and uncomfortable (some users opinion)
12. Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots
Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots appeared with super looking design and great trails performance.
- Contain Fabric lining and full nubuck Leather/textile
- Have Sensifit wraps and lace-up closure
- Gore-Tex and Contagrip soles.
- Dynamic Cushioning
That smart Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX hiking boot is made with a combination of full leather (nubuck) and textile. The boot is imported having Fabric lining and Lace-Up closure. The brand offers true to size and there are enough options for color and size. The full weight is nearly 560 grams. So, it can say that it’s lightweight.
Gore-Tex feature confirms the best waterproof job and also help for breathing. There are Sensifit wraps for a comfortable walk. Heel foam and tongue also increase secure support and comfort.
The brands have the best Contagrip feature for slip-resistant and good traction. The boot is very powerful in terms of ankle or heel support. Because it comes with advanced 4D Chassis technology for your Plantar Fascia protection during hiking.
So, who can get the actual benefit from there? The hikers who looking for a stylish design and looking boot, a good performer in trail having ankle problem, for those the Salomon is perfect.
- Smart design and technology
- Waterproof and breathable
- Comfortable build quality
- Good traction technology
- Good for outdoor tough situations
- Hearing about early pop off (lacing eyelets
13. KEEN Men’s Targhee III Mid Height Waterproof Hiking Boot
KEEN Men’s Targhee III Mid Height is another popular hiking boot to kill the Plantar Fasciitis within an adorable cost.
- Build with full leather and synthetic.
- KEEN.DRY water-resistant.
- KEEN ALL-TERRAIN for traction.
- Have ESS and 4mm multi-directional lugs.
- EVA and PFC-free water repellant features.
Targhee III Mid is one of the best models of the popular Keen brand where it has come with full leather and also synthetic build quality. It is imported and contains a rubber sole. Ankle from the arch is the usual measurement for the shaft.
Different sizes and colors are available there. The outlook of the boot is also quite fashionable. In terms of weight, it bears so little. It is only 1.05 pounds. So, the boot is lightweight and durable also.
The footwear comes with waterproof features. It builds with those membranes that appear to have the ability to breathe. So, that ensures your feet stay dry and comfortable. The soft collar and tongue are together will give your feet a secure step. And yes, there is a PFC-free water rep. existed to serve you the great protection.
For your grip and heel support, the boot offers an ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole that serves excellent traction. It has 4mm lugs. And for the ankle protection, the ESS feature is enough to do properly. That ensures your heel support as well as a comfortable step. EVA is also presented there to give you the trail supporting walk whatever you are on trekking or hiking.
So, why one should go with that option? It has great design, cool features, safety support, and lastly a well-known brand at the desired price. So those are enough for one to make his successful trip.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- More color options
- Water-resistant build quality
- Good brand for Plantar Fasciitis
- Good traction technology
- Have complaining about poor fitted
14. Timberland Women’s Chocorua Trail Boot
Timberland Chocorua Trail offers another women’s hiking boot, especially for the ankle problem.
- Build-in leather (100%) and textile.
- Gore-Tex membrane for water-free.
- Have a durable rubber lug.
- Collar and tongue made with a soft pad.
- Come with EVA.
Timberland Women’s Chocorua Trail Boot is made with textile and full leather. The boot is imported and bears R.S. 4.5″, 1.25” and 4.5] are serially shaft, heel, and platform measurements.
This boot looks so trendy. But there is only one option for color though sizes are enough. The weight is average but not so heavy. Those boots bear a soft pad for the tongue and collar. And that design ensures your feet’s comfort.
Gore-Tex membrane is such cool features that perform the job of waterproof and breathability. Even they are quite rustproof and have speed-lace hardware. The rubber lug outsoles function works for the traction to protect your feet from slipping.
Cushioned and EVA midsole are added to the boot to protect the bad feet from any kind of unwanted injuries and P.F. So, they are rock and secure for walking in trails or any bad ground.
Now the point is when you need that boot? When you want to wear a branded quality boot for your hiking trip having an ankle problem, then you can remember those boots.
- Breathable and comfortable design
- Water and rust-resistant
- More ankle supporting
- Few aren’t satisfied with poor waterproof
Things to Notice before Buying Plantar Fasciitis Supporting Hiking Boots
When you will go for buying the boot, I’m sure, you will definitely notice many boots for P. Fascia. But don’t judge and go for the boot just hearing they are best for tough feet hiking. Like others, those have some needy factors to be an actual one. Choosing the ideal hiking boots is also known as beginner hiking tips.
So, what are the main things you should search for while buying a pair of the best hiking boot for Plantar Fasciitis are explained there?
Comfort is the priority beyond all. So, it’s essential to search if the boot is comfortable or not. Make sure the boot has a soft padded collar and tongue. If there has insole cushioning, then it would be better. One thing you should notice and is the size. If it’s not fitted with your feet then you don’t expect the comport. So before choosing your pair, check about those
Hiking means walking through a rough condition on the trails. So, if you have a waterproof boot, then you don’t need to worry about that. Many people choose duck boots for hiking as they are waterproof and durable. But practically those aren’t a good choice for secure hiking. Take the boot that is made with full leather and has the great ability to enter the water into your boots. Also, make sure about the membrane is suitable for breathability. And that facility will protect you from sweating and warming your feet in summer. So, having those features on your adventure boot is essential.
Traction is another important factor that is very much needed when you are in the mountains or any trails. The feature of traction will save you from slipping and offering your much grip and stability for your feet. And thus your feet can be protected. So, make sure that your desire boot has advanced technology for traction.
4. Feet Security
And the most vital point is feet security. As you will hike with your feet problem, so it is a must to check the security features are available there or they are just so-called hiking boots. A shank, EVA midsole, cushioning, rubber outsole, ESS, etc are the perfect features to do their job by supporting your heel or ankle from any unwanted issues and give you a pain-free and safe step. So, are those supporting features presented or not is your responsibility before making a buy decision.
That’s it! Those are key factors you should follow before choosing your hiking partner I mean boots.
FAQ about Plantar Fasciitis Hiking
1. Will I able to hike with Plantar Fasciitis?
– Of course, you will. Having a correct pair of the boot can fulfill your hiking journey. Not only this but it also helpful for gradually solving your feet problem.
2. Is trekking boots ideal for plantar fascia problem?
– Trekking boots are also designed for supporting heel problems. So, trekking or hiking boots, which one is best depends on the selecting boot configurations.
3. Are there any difference between women’s and men’s hiking boots?
– There is no major difference between them. Actually, they are almost the same. Just the small change is in their boot’s size.
4. Which one is the cheapest outdoor condition boot for heel pain?
– Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude IV Waterproof Hiking Boot is known as a quality cheapest boot for trail condition with heel pain.
5. Is there any walking limit with P.F?
– If you are suffered from very serious heel pain then yes, it’s good to walk slowly and not so long during hiking.
– Hiking shoes are less extreme than boots. Shoes are flexible and not too hard that is ideal for light trail exploring. Other side, boots are waterproof, hard, durable, and ideal for the wet situation that means in worst trails.
And finally, all of those discussions are the relationship between plantar f and hiking boots. Now we think, you have the right ability to select the boots and also gained the knowledge about how you can deal with those boots during your trail walking.
Here we have just presented the best hiking boots for plantar fasciitis for both men’s and women’s. Our goal was just reached you with the best quality and performance boots at a cool price. Now, it’s your turn to pick up.
So, be ready to conquer the outdoor world without caring for any physical and mental errors. But not beyond the safety level. Wished you safer and joyful hiking. Goodbye!